A space for healing.
What Do I Need To Do?
2. Write us your letter and/or request for one.
3. Hit send.
What Do I Need To Know?
1. Our purpose is to create a personal healing space that takes the shame and loneliness out of depression.
2. People can send us an anonymous letter addressed to "Dear Depression", request for one, or both.
3. There is a maximum 24 hour turn around to respond to emails.
4. #DearDepression will act as a liaison between sender of letter and requester.
5. There is no limit to the amount of times you can send or request a letter, conginent upon their availability.
6. All letters are prescreened.
7. Authors will remain anonymous and will never be identified, under any circumstances.
8. If individuals foster an electronic relationship they can continue to write each other, through us. Letters will still be screened.
9. If letters are submitted that pose a threat to authors well-being, action will be taken to notify specific outlets.
Let's heal together!
"Ever since I was a little boy I suffered from depression. I've spent too much of my life battling a sadness I never thought I'd overcome. But that all changed when I began talking about my depression - in particular, when I talked to other people suffering from or who have suffered from the illness. The conversations we had helped me realize I can win this battle. We can win." Donja R. Love, co-founder of The Each-Other Project
"For a long time Depression was a superstition to me. It wasn't until I met people who felt the way I often feel that I realized it was real. I didn't know how to deal with it; I avoided it by all means. But that always backfired. It always found a way to manifest itself. It would show up in my self-esteem, in my thoughts, in my actions, in my movements throughout the world. It, I, got in my way. Now. because I've met others who deal and feel as I do, I'm exercising my will to heal, and to get out of my way." Brandon Nick, co-founder The Each-Other Project
What is #DearDepression?
A healing space which aims to rid the shame of, and raise awareness for, depression amongst GBTQ Men of Color through interactive engagements.
Dear Depression Letters
It’s like pen-pals, but through email!
#DearDepression Photo Campaign
Help us face Depression
What Is It?
The #DearDepression Photo Campaign is an online way to stand united in the battle against depression. You don't have to be victim of depression to join this campaign! You can still submit a photo to show your support! Our objective is to blast social media with all of the photos to raise awareness in hopes that it will inspire others to open up about depression!
What Do I Need To Know?
1. Take a photo. Make it unique! Make it yours!
2. Be sure to hold a sign, could be on a post-it, or a post card, written on your hand or even a drawing! Make sure it says:
Feel free to add a message! Here are some suggestions: Let's Talk, Let's Heal, We Can Beat This, I Am Not Alone, etc
3. Email photo, name, a breif message (optional) and social media handles (Twitter, IG, Facebook and Tumblr) to:
4. We'll notify you before the social media blast! Feel free to post your photo as well!